Thursday, December 06, 2012

For Sale: Salsa Ti El Mariachi Frame - Size Large -- SOLD!

Here's a good case of never say "never". Today I'm doing something I said I'd never do -- in the process of making room for my 2013 bikes, I'm putting my beloved Salsa Titanium El Mariachi frame up for sale. It's a 2010 version of the frame. I raced it for one season before basically putting into active retirement, where it's been ever since. Because of sponsorship obligations and the fact that I simply have a lot of bikes, I can count on two hands how many times I've ridden the bike over the past two seasons. It's a total garage queen that needs an owner that's going to ride it the way it was meant to be ridden! This is the exact same frame that has been ridden to victory on the Great Divide Route! Its pedigree is unquestionable... It's one of the best hardtail frames I've ridden, hands-down. It's ride quality and handling are amazing! Here are some photos:
Typical of titanium, this frame is absolutely clean and free of nicks, dings, dents or flaws. The "Salsa" and "El Mariachi" graphics have been muted somewhat over the years from cleaning with ScotchBrite (the preferred method of cleaning titanium) -- a process I didn't dissuade.

A 1.75-inch down tube and 1.375-inch top tube deliver excellent stiffness and the fantastic ride quality for which titanium is renowned.

The welds speak to the quality of care and craftsmanship this frame was hand-built with by the folks at Lynskey Performance Titanium Bicycles in Tennessee.

Hooded, Breezer-style dropouts have a replaceable derailleur hanger. I will include an extra hanger with the frame.

Super-clean welds on the rear disc mount. Perfect alignment means squeal-free brake performance.

More clean welds... this time at the seat stay/seat tube junction.

A view inside the headtube reveals the measures Salsa went to in order to save weight. Notice the vertical breather slot on the downtube? It matches the manipulation of the down tube, removing as much material as possible. On the bottom bracket shell, the breather is a horizontal slot, matching the tubing manipulation at that end of the down tube. Very cool...

Did I mention the welds on this frame are clean? And the frame itself is so clean, you could eat dinner off the surface.

See the previous caption...

So, I guess my question is, does $1,100 seem like a bargain or what? If so, get a hold of me.
Thanks for taking the time to check out my frame! Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
MG

No comments: